Current open positions (1 positions):
Oxford Biotrans is a start-up company pioneering commercialisation of biocatalytic processes for the production of high value specialty chemicals. The company seeks to appoint a fermentation scientist to play a key role in the development and scale-up activities for new biotransformation processes.
The jobholder will have a keen interest to play a part in the development and commercialisation of groundbreaking enzymatic processes. Based at our facility in the Oxford area, the role will involve hands-on fermentation process R&D from bench scale up to pilot scale.
Typical for all start-up companies, there may be a variety of other tasks outside the main role specification that the jobholder may need to undertake at the request of the company to help move this early-stage business forward.
A scientist with previous fermentation experience in a microbial laboratory. We are ideally seeking a candidate with at least 2-3 years of industrial lab experience.
- Experience in some or all of the following would be essential:
- Use of aseptic techniques, preparing and sterilising media
- Experience (hands-on) with autoclavable microbial bioreactors, both set-up and maintenance
- Media and process development
- Shake-flask optimisation
- Batch/fed-batch fermentation
- Optimisation and scale-up of microbial processes
- Experience in some or all of the following would be desirable:
- Basic molecular biology techniques
- Downstream processing (e.g. for recovery of recombinant proteins)
- Pilot scale fermentation bioreactors
- Working with external organisations: CMO, CRO, academia
- Diligent with following procedures, recording data and keeping lab books up to date
- The role might involve travelling to potential CRO/CMO
- Good organisational and teamworking skills
- Self-starter who can quickly take the initiative in problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language)
Oxford Biotrans Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications from any applicant who fulfils the role requirements for this position. Please forward a CV and covering letter to Vicki Harper via email@example.com. No agencies please.